How to make terracotta jewellery ? Step by step guide for beginners Home made process
Terracotta Jewellery is one such handcrafted thing broadly well known among style cognizant individuals around the globe. Terracotta is a rich and traditional art of India. The material used for creating the beautiful accessories have been traveling a long period of time when the jewelry were made from material like bone, clay, horn, wood and much more. Jewelry made from clay like Terracotta Jewelry is the most popular and oldest form of handmade creation in the world since the Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa civilization.
What is Terracotta Clay
Earthenware mud or Terracotta Clay is a low fire earthen product auxiliary type of clay. (Essential clay- Mined from its cause; and optional earth – Clay that has gone from its birthplace through downpour water/wind gathering various minerals on its way)
Earthenware clay, in light of its high iron substance, experiences oxidization during terminating and goes it to an orangish – red shading. (Henceforth the name "earthenware")
Procedure of making mud appropriate for Terracotta JewelryRegularly earthenware mud goes with the downpour water and gets gathered in lakes. During summers, lakes that get dried totally, mud gets gathered and put through different tests for shading, shrinkage, pliancy and distorting. On passing these stages, the mud is prepared for further handling.
Following the steps of preparation of clay for terracotta jewellery:
- Collecting of Raw clay in the summer season.
- Let it be dried.
- Break it into little pieces.
- Splash and afterward mix it.
- Channel just the disintegrated dirt.
- Let it settle (For a minimum of 2 -3 days)
- Take the abundance water with the assistance of a wipe and put the mud into POP (Plaster of Paris) molds for drying.
- At the point when the mud is cowhide hard remove it from the form, wedge it and store in a sealed shut holder.
Terracotta jewellery Designing: Clay processing
Now it's time process the clay before you start the designing/molding.
Next step in terracotta jewellery making process: Designing your jewellery, a process driven art!
This is the time to showcase your creativity. Clay becomes your canvas. The degree of innovative opportunity it gives is colossal. You start to respond your taste, examples, plans and style on it.
Things to be remembered while making
- Always use nichcrome wire.
- Do not use aluminum wires since they are melting in very low temparature.
- Baking of terracotta jewellery happens between 700 dregee C - 1000 degree C.
Next process in terracotta jewellery making process is drying
Keep the Jewellery in the sunlight. try to give minimum 2 to 3 days to get fully dried.
Firing process for terracotta jewellery:
There are two ways to organize this process
- Reduction firing
Oxidization: The piece gets the oxygen while terminating (the final product is an orangish red terminated earthenware piece that is fit to be painted upon)
- You cut the oxygen supply by putting saw dust/husk and seal the pot with some dirt. (Dirt pot comprising of the material that should be terminated). The final result here is a dark terminated earthenware piece.
- After oxidization terminating haul out the intensely hot article and drop in delicately in a metal pot with feed/rice husk and near right away. The final result here too is a dark terminated earthenware piece that is fit to be painted upon). This procedure conveys a higher hazard factor, so either oxidization technique or the decrease (a) strategy is suggested.
Reduction occurs above 700˚ C – 1000˚ C. A temperature beneath 700˚ C isn't suggested for earthenware.
Terracotta jewellery verification:
This is my own suggested method. After firing I used to keep all stuffs inside a bowl of water over night. If by chance any of them not fired properly then that item will be melted in the water.
Terracotta jewellery coloring
After verification of quality of firing this is the time for coloring. This depends completely on its own creativity own choice. Acrylic color I used to paint upon Terracotta jewellery. After coloring I use varnish spray to get proper finishing of the Jewellery.
This a very short summary of overall procedure of designing terracotta jewellery. In near future I will come up with more extensive information and vigorous details of each process. Terracotta designer jewelry has come up as modern day jewelry. They can carry fashion jewelry to their formal office attire, casual meetings and for the auspicious occasion as well.
You can purchase terracotta jewelry from our online store. We're confident on our product and 100% satisfaction guaranteed